How to Protect Chests using LWC

Internet Legos and serious business here.
zanetheinsane
Site Admin

How to Protect Chests using LWC

Postby zanetheinsane » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:49 am

The server uses a very simple mod called LWC for protecting your chests: http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/lwc.2150/
Certain containers such as chests and furnaces will be "auto protected" as soon as you place them down.

Use the command /lwc to see the usage for this plugin.

You start off in "simple" mode, where most of the advanced and very complicated features are hidden from you.

Here is a brief summary of the commands most of you will use:

• /cinfo : See any LWC information about already-protected chests
  • /cprivate : The next block you punch will be protected with private permissions. This means that only you can access this block
  • /cpublic : The next block you punch will be protected with public permissions. Anybody can access this chest as normal except you are considered the owner. This means that nobody else can set this chest private.
  • /cmodify <private/public> : This allows you to change the permission type of a chest without having to remove the permissions
  • /cremove : Removes the permissions from a chest
  • /lwc mode persist : slightly more advanced but if you have to protect a lot of chests this will make it so that you do not have to type the "/cprivate" or "/cpublic" or "/cremove" commands over and over again for every chest you want to protect. Simply type "/lwc mode persist" again to turn this off.
  • /credstone : When protecting a door with LWC, other players can simply lay down a redstone wire and place a redstone torch to activate the door and open it. Using this command will disallow all redstone from affecting the protected block.
  • More commands can be found here: https://github.com/Hidendra/LWC/wiki/Commands

What types of blocks can be protected (this list can be expanded and updated in the future):
  • Chest
  • Furnace
  • Dispenser
  • Sign
  • Wooden Door
  • Iron Door
  • Trap Door

zanetheinsane
Site Admin

Re: How to Protect Chests using LWC

Postby zanetheinsane » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 am

I don't think it needs to be said, but do not use LWC to protect chests that aren't yours. If I receive a complaint from someone that another player has locked one of their chests, not only can I remove this protection but I can see who placed it as well.

zanetheinsane
Site Admin

Re: How to Protect Chests using LWC

Postby zanetheinsane » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:28 pm

I have seen some players using /cprivate, /cremove, etc 10-20 times in a row. There's no problem with this, but a tip in general is to type:

/lwc mode persist (to turn if on)
/cwhatever
*punch all the stuff you want to perform that command on
/lwc mode persist (to turn it off)

Basically persist mode keeps the last LWC command you entered "on" so that you don't have to keep typing it in.

Return to “Minecraft”