Anticipation on Version 1.3/News for 1.3 Update

These posts only relate to the previous version of the server.
zanetheinsane
Site Admin

Anticipation on Version 1.3/News for 1.3 Update

Postby zanetheinsane » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 am

Minecraft 1.3 will be released possibly August 1st. Please remember that it takes the mod authors some time (usually 1-2 weeks) to update their mods to be compatible with the latest version. We will be running 1.2 until all of the basic infrastructure mods of the server are ready to be upgrades. We use a very small list or popular and regularly updated mods so hopefully this process won't take long for anyone who wishes to play on 1.3.

I will make sure to up in hard safeguards against any data loss during the upgrade to make sure we don't have a repeat of what happened during the last major upgrade, for which I apologize.

teslas

Re: Anticipation on Version 1.3

Postby teslas » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Attention three people who read the forums (including myself):

About half of the plugins we use have been updated for the new version of Minecraft. Half have not, and some of those are some fundamental plugins that some of us depend on.

It looks as if we're going to have to switch away from iConomy as our plugin for ingame currency due to the developer abandoning it. Fear not, before we make the change, currency values will be recorded and carried over if at all possible.

For now, we're going to stick with 1.2.5, of course, and I'm going to prod aaron/zane into looking for another economy mod constantly.

I'll update this thread when more stuff happens.

Return to “Archived Threads”